Thursday, July 9, 2009

The circuit activity was a terrific activity. I actually do one like this with my physical science students. In a series circuit as resistance or light bulbs are added to a circuit the current decreases. This causes the bulbs to be less bright. In a parallel circuit, the current has more "freedom" to go to the different branches of the circuit. The current does not changes. This creates equal brightness even if you add a number of bulbs.
The other activities of the day were also exciting. I enjoyed the radioactivity. With the Underground Lab at Homestake I think that South Dakota students will grow more interested in the topic. Teachers are going to need to have a grasp on this type of infomation to answer growing questions from the students.
Enzymes can be a boring topic for students. The lab we did, would make it much more interesting. I do a similar lab with chicken liver and hydrogen peroxide.

No comments:

Post a Comment