Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday's Post

Hi

Circuits
In a series circuit the bulbs are all connected together and the current is shared. The bulbs do not show equal brightness.

In a parallel circuit all the bulbs draw an equal amount of power and they light up with equal brightness.

Current is just like almost everything else in nature - it will always follow the path of least resistance.

Radioactive Decay
I liked this lab, and I learned a lot. I have actually never used a Geiger Counter and a radioactive sample. It absolutely amazes me how mathematics can be used to show relationships and how things in the world have mathematical patterns! What a powerful way to teach - science and math together. I finally see an application for all that calculus!

Enzymes
This lab was a bit harder for us. We had some trouble with the graphs. Again it will never cease to amaze me how mathematics and graphing can used to show complex relationships.

Thank you for showing us - so many applications of mathematics in our world. We and our students need to see this relationship!

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment