Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday labs

This morning was a welcome relief being able to identify the rule to find the derivatives after yesterday afternoon's class. Even though my algebra kids will not be to calculate these, I will give them the first part of the polynomial and it's derivative to have them come up with the rule when we are working with exponentials. (I like introducing them to information they will use in future classes for no other reason than exposure. Hopefully hearing it once or twice will help them remember it later in their classes.) When we work with monomials with negative integers I can bring it up a second time.....just to challenge those that are always a bit ahead!
The other lab that was useful (for my own knowledge) was the last one. I think I finally get parallel circuits! I guess one of those instances where I've been exposed and hearing it for the hundredth time....it sunk in! I will share the Christmas light idea with our science teachers, however. I'm glad I finally have a use for all those strings that I just can't throw away because they must be good for something!!

1 comment: