Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday

The Wednesday morning discussion of series and parallel circuits really helped my understand of how they work. A Series circuit will make the bulbs dimmer by adding more bulbs but a parallel circuit will show the bulbs having equal brightness. I was glad for the discussion because this really helped me make sense of what was happening.
The Radioactive Decay Lab once again got math and science going hand in hand. I talk about half-life in my Science classes and have sometimes avoided doing some of the labs with this because of the math involved. Now I feel more confident on tackling the math in these labs. I really liked the use of the Geiger counter in the activity because you can really relate to the radioactive material in our every day lives. I was not able to do the Enzyme lab today because I had to go to a funeral. I will be making up this lab on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment