Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thursday's P&P Lab...

I found the lab to be quite fun and interesting. Although we couldn't get our computer simulation to show the graph for awhile, we were able to play with it a little. I liked the bean activity somewhat better because you could really see what was going on and it made you think of strategies to get more. This also made me think of what to do once the beans were gone and how we were going to compete when there were only a few left. I adapted to using the dropper by turning it end for end and using the wide end to scoop the beans out of the pan into my cup. I actually ended up getting more than the forceps and spoon. Regardless, it was a fun lab. Once again, it is something that would need to be discussed in depth afterward, which is something we did not really have time for. The mathematics with this lab seemed to be a little more straight forward which I'm sure most of us preferred as would our students, but I can see how it could get complicated making this a very flexible lab to use with any age group. All in all it was a good day...can't wait for tomorrow's math!

No comments:

Post a Comment