Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday's Activities

This has been a long day for me. As soon as I got back from Vermillion today, I had to go to a family prayer service for my brother-inlaw who passed away from cancer. I will be missing class on Wednesday afternoon to attend the funeral. I finally have found time now to sit at the computer to reflect on the day.
I enjoyed the velocity and acceleration activity and the graphing. I plan on applying the graphing to a project that I do with my 6th graders and the High School Physics class. I have the 6th graders design their own race cars and then we do a competition. The High School Physics class assests in collecting the data. I would like to take this once step further this year by making graphs of the data.
The motion detector lab was fun and my students would enjoy collecting this data and graphing it as well. We did find that one of my partners is a little shakey when collecting his motion!! The electric circuits was a refresher course and I like the idea of the Christmas lights. Probably the most frustration of the day was the printer not working and not being able to print off our graphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment