Thursday, July 9, 2009

Response to predator/prey

The predator/prey model working with the seeds was very interesting. I have not done this lab before. This might be one of those I can use next week with the next class in having the high school kids helping the younger kids.The java simulation that was online was neat to change the different guidelines and see the response of the species. I thought it was very interesting in the spiraling effect when there wasn't a good match with the number of each species. I think talking about and working with the mortality rate can lead to some very interesting and controversial situations with students from different areas of the country. I thought today was another excellent day for everyone involve. some people learn new things and other learn how to do some things in a new way getting a review at the same time.

The spectrometer lab was a lab that I have not done, but I understood it fairly well. We came up with excellent results that were able to show some nice trends. I am hopingto do this lab with my chem students this year. Some of them show have calculus already and be able to identify some relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment