Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday's results

I thought the discussion this morning was a good one. Electricity is the one area of Physics that I struggle with at times. The examples given in this mornings discussion gave me new ways to explain what is going on. The differences between parallel and series circuits are always interesting to analyze. Though in both cases the bulbs are of equal brightness, the bulbs in parallel are brighter because there is less resistance. I thought the discussion of bulbs in complex circuits was great and made things a lot more clear.
The enzyme lab was awesome! In my Biology and Human Anatomy classes we discuss enzyme action and how different variables can affect the actions of enzymes. We discuss why as your body temperature changes your metabolism can be effected in different ways. This lab did a great job of graphically showing the effects. Like Darwin, I think it would be interesting to see the top end of pH graph, but I would also be interested to see what the top end of the temperature graph would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment