Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thursday

The predator/prey activities were very interested especially since I do not teach biology and have been away from it for many years. The simulation was good but I got a better picture of the whole concept when we did the hands on activity with the beans. With computer simulations, if you don't give the students clear directions, many will wonder off and not get the full application. If I would use this simulation, I would give the students specific questions to answer as they manipulated the values. I am going to let my biology teachers know about this activity and see if they would like to use it.

I especially liked the rate law lab since I teach chemistry. I have done labs with my AP Chemistry class concerning rate laws, and I found this one quite simple to do. I plan on incorporating it this next year into my curriculum. I look forward to looking at the math behind this lab tomorrow. I have really enjoyed this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment