Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Circuits

In parallel circuits lights are equally as bright because they are getting the same amount of current flowing through them. In a series circuit the bulbs will all be the same, but dimmer than in a parallel circuit. There is more resistance for the current to go through which makes it have a lower intensity. I like Tod and Darwin's analogies of the roads and waterways. That really made sense!

Today's potato lab was pretty cool. I enjoyed getting back in the chem lab to do those fun experiments! It really made me miss being a chem major! However, the math we were doing was a bit over my head, which is ironic since I teach math and not science! (Jr. high math, however...in which we don't deal with lambda, natural logarithms or e!) I enjoy listening to and trying to figure all of the math out, but I'm glad I'm not being forced to take a test on it at the end.

Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment