Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thursday's Post

So today's predator/prey activities were very interesting. I think the java simulation was great. It contained alot of information and I really like how the students can adjust the different variables in it. I do think though that if you did use it in the classroom it would have to be more guided. I think I would have a discussion about it with my students even before I let them load the websites themselves. This way they can understand what the graph means before the mindlessly play around with it. I really liked the beans part to it. I thought this was a really fun and I think the students would really enjoy it. It is a great way to get some activity within the classroom and I think students would enjoy it too. I wish it would focus more on the prey though. I think overall the computer simulation helped me with the concept of population decay. It just needs some discussion with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment