Wednesday, July 8, 2009

day 3

This was a pretty good day. In talking about the electricity this morning, it was nice to hear that others sometimes have problems getting their students to do "problem solving" thinking. We do the series(all in one line) and the parallel(independent lines), but I have not put the two together with my students, and would like to try that this year to challenge them a little more. Also, this will give them a reason for understanding fractions since most of my kids strongly dislike fractions. Using the excel program for the graphing is getting easier and helps to have the visual, which with the tablets we have will make the graphing a little more interesting for my students and hopefully help to hold their interest.

1 comment:

  1. Oops, now I know I'm really old talking to myself! I forgot to talk about the change in light intensity and couldn't figure out how to edit. In series, the bulbs become less bright the more bulbs that are added to the circuit. In parallel, each bulb is equally bright. We also talked about how if another battery was added to the system, each would not have much of a change in light intensity, but the batteries would last longer.

    ReplyDelete