Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 2

Today was filled with confusing calculus jargon and two labs. I do not know if or when I had a calculus class. Some of the information was not too bad but some of the information I did not understand at all.
The labs were not to bad. No matter if you are a university teacher or a high school teacher, I think it is important to do a lab before you have your students do the lab. Doing the lab first will save time in the long run as well as being prepared in all aspects of the procedure.
The circuit lab is a common lab that all 3 of us lab partners have done before. I liked the pictures of the circuits and bulbs. I thought this would to have the students do before doing this lab. One way that I have done a similar lab is to have pictures and have the students copy the picture by doing it and then describing what happened. I think it would work well to have the students think about what happens before they actually do the physical work. Alot of graduate level classes discuss developing scientific processing and scientific thinking. I think these pictures can foster scienctific minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment