Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Electricity, NOT as easy as it looks..

I do quite a bit of work with my students on electricity, and it seems a lot easier than it is. Ya-I know it's only a three variable expression, but applying ohm's law to complex circuits can be a challenge and tricky. I feel as a teacher, it's one of those topics that can really twist one's brain and quickly become frustrating for the student that's not sure they should be in your class. It's also one of those topics that you will have one or two students thinking this is the easiest thing we've covered. Get those students to help you with the rest of the class. Personally, I really enjoy teaching electricity because it leads into several career choices and provides a challenge for both teacher and student. Please let me know how the rest of you feel.

1 comment:

  1. It always amazes me that most students can't light a light bulb with a battery, wire, and a bulb. I've had some freshmen classes that not one student could get it to work. They just don't tinker/play with things like we used to.

    ReplyDelete